Be part of Penrith’s Creative Heart
Deadline 15 August 2021
PP&VA is seeking nominations from interested Greater Western Sydney-based community members to its Board of Directors and three Community Advisory Committees (Education Committee, Performing Arts Committee and Visual Arts Committee).
These are volunteer positions.
A public company limited by guarantee and a controlled entity of Penrith City Council, Penrith Performing & Visual Arts is a producer, curator, presenter and a leader in industry-led arts education experiences in the region.
PP&VA is looking to diversify its Board and Committee representation to best reflect the community we serve. We are particularly interested in nominations from those with a passion for arts and cultural growth in this region including:
· Local business representatives
· Artists and creatives
· Representatives of Joan and Gallery community hiring groups
· Those from a diverse cultural background
· Young people (aged between 18 and 40)
PP&VA BOARD NOMINATIONS
A Board Director is appointed for a four (4) year term. Directors are eligible to re-nominate for a future term. This year, we have two midterm vacancies for two (2) years, and three for the full four-year term.
All Directors are appointed by Penrith City Council following recommendations of the Board.
New terms commence following the Annual General Meeting on Tuesday 26 October 2021.
PP&VA COMMITTEE NOMINATIONS
Education, Performing Arts, Visual Arts
PP&VA is looking to assess all programs against current community priorities, including:
· Priorities in Covid recovery for the arts and cultural sector
· Changing local demographics and cultural appetite
Current projects are:
· A review of our education and learning offer across all art forms (Education Committee); and
· Development and implementation of a contemporary music strategy (Performing Arts Committee).
The Board will appoint up to six members to each of the committees. Current members are welcome to renominate. Terms are for three years commencing late October 2021.