Are you a technical all-rounder with managerial experience, ready to take the next step in your career? Do you thrive in a busy Performing Arts Centre presenting diverse experiences from conferences and community dance concerts to professional touring artists?
Penrith Performing & Visual Arts is seeking an experienced Technical Manager to lead a team of part-time and casual technicians to deliver all production and technical services for events at the Joan Sutherland Performing Arts Centre to an excellent standard and high level of client satisfaction.
Both hands on and strategic, the Technical Manager leads backstage WH&S processes ensuring safety for staff, hirers, artists and all backstage visitors; develops production and maintenance schedules and manages delivery of all production and technical elements including staff rostering within set budget limitations.
As the resident senior technician, the Technical Manager will perform the duties of lighting and/or sound operator as required and work with the Operations Director to ensure the whole facility continues to meet WH&S standards.
The Joan consists of the Richard Bonynge Concert Hall, the Q Theatre and the Allan Mullins Studio (black box) as well as more informal performance spaces within the Centre. More information about The Joan’s spaces can be found here.
The Technical Manager must have extensive experience in:
- Delivering high-quality production services in lighting and audio for a broad range of different show styles, genres and levels of professionalism
- Managing a team of technicians across a multi-space performing arts centre
- Being the key point of contact for all hiring, touring and community shows and events
- Leading production meetings and ensuring the sharing of information across technical, venue and programming teams
- Planning and scheduling technical staff in line with the production plan
- Being a core member of the emergency warden team
- Ensuring safe work practices are always observed
This is a full-time role across a six/seven-day per week operation so weekend and late-night work is a requirement for this role with a remuneration package based on the LPA Award (level 13).
An up-to-date Covid-19 vaccination is a requirement for all PP&VA staff.
Salary package including superannuation and leave loading from $91,419 – negotiable, commensurate with experience.
Applications close 11.59pm Thursday 23 June.
To apply, please provide responses against the Key Result Areas in Position Description and email your application and CV to Operations Director, Dave Garner: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please email email@example.com